The LWUIT demo which we have been showing around for some time is often quite hefty (500kb without obfuscation and 300kb with) we often say that most of the size is taken up by resources but due to complexity we didn't want to go into the trouble of removing them...
What I did today was just that, I refactored all usage of resources and made them downloadable on startup. If the demo can't find the resources locally then it goes to a download URL and fetches them to RMS. I have some odd deployment problems with my server but the jad/jar seem correct since I was able to beam the jar to my Nokia for testing.
This is the jad url and this is the jar url.
This is the exact same full blown LWUIT demo in 123kb, the size was so small it even surprised me!
BTW I also added a couple of features and fixed some bugs since this is based on a newer LWUIT snapshot. Notice that I added a feature suggested on the list for applying the list cell renderer (in the renderer demo) to the menu. The screenshot in this post shows the menu with a fisheye cell renderer installed, very cool effect!
Update by Shai: Fixed the JAR URL which was broken.